We are seeking a creative, disciplined, highly organized, and critical thinking Design Architect to join our Shenzhen China office for projects ranging from large-scale high-rises to sophisticated cultural landmarks. You will be part of a fast-paced and rigorous design-oriented studio with a collaborative and supportive team environment dedicated to the passion for design perfection. You will contribute to the development of the design, lead and coordinate the team through the competition, to ensure the delivery of excellent results in a timely and organized manner.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
1. Must have successful leading/management experience in large-scale projects and competitions
2. Must have successful experience in communicating with and overseeing model makers, rendering companies and graphic artists to ensure the results meet the design intent and deliver in a timely and organized manner
3. Must be experienced in the different phases of large-scale and complex projects. Excellent understanding of construction process and ability to set up and manage in-depth the designing process starting from the concept and until executive phase
4. Good communication skills are required, including well-developed written, visual and verbal capabilities
5. Collaborative – you must be able to work effectively with others to help achieve the best solution for the competition team, the wider design team, and the client
6. You must have leadership qualities through taking initiative, problem-solving, showing assertiveness and enthusiasm
7. You must be positive in outlook, self-motivated and able to lead a competition team effectively through highly stressful and demanding competitions
8. Proficiency in AutoCAD, 3D graphics software such as Rhino, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, MS Office including Project, Word, Excel, etc. is required. Knowledge of 3D programs such as Rhino is a plus
9. Bachelor or Master’s degree in Architecture
10. A minimum of 5 years of experience, prior experiences of working in China is a plus
1. Lead and coordinate the team through intense large-scale competitions, create and follow through competition work schedules, organize, supervise and coordinate team members to deliver successful results.
2. Working with the Design Principal & Project Architect in charge, the Design Architect will help initiate conceptual ideas, develop the design, ensure that the team stays on schedule, and execute the documents that conform to the design intent as well as national standard requirements.
3. Review the drawings and documents produced by the team, provide comments for revisions as necessary, coordinate and ensure the revisions are executed correctly.
4. Communicate with, coordinate and oversee model makers, rendering companies and graphic artists to stay on schedule and deliver excellent results.
5. Lead and actively produce in the making of presentation graphics and documents, be able to give reviews, suggestion and deliver perfect execution of graphics.
We offer opportunities to work on complex and transformational projects within a collaborative and supportive team environment comprised of multi-culture international architects and designers.
If you meet our qualification requirements, please submit a cover letter, CV and portfolio in PDF format to: email@example.com.Please use “Name + Competition Design Architect + Gooood” as the e-mail subject.